In 2016, as sad as it may be, nearly everyone has been cheated on. Some cheaters are worse than others, some scenarios hurt more, and some situations, there is no way to forgive that person. But in any scenario, the cheater will never understand the debt of hurt and scars that remains once they leave that person’s life.
Whether both of the people in the relationship decided to cheat or one cheated while the other was loyal, cheating is cheating. And as the girls and I were talking, we realized all cheaters pretty much have the same script they use. Maybe there is a handbook, but as Karen says, they all say the same thing.
- Deny, deny, deny. Even when they are caught red-handed, they will deny that they ever cheated.
- Claim that they only love you, you are the only one for them and make up any excuse in the book from the girl is crazy, she is just a friend, she doesn’t mean anything, and the list goes on.
- Tell you, you’re the crazy one. You are dramatic and you are ruining the relationship.
- Throw out the line, “You are perfect, why would I want anyone else?”
- Flip the script. Cheaters will try to make it seem like you are the one who is cheating. They will talk about your guy friends and how your relationship is inappropriate.
- They never say the words I’m telling you the truth. They will ask what they did for you to not believe them, they will say I have done nothing but open my life to you, I have never done anything to make you think I’m cheating on you. They will make it sound like they are so honest that you believe their lies, but notice the fact they will never say the words “I’m telling you the truth.”
When you walk away after you have all the evidence flashing in front of your face, they will beg for forgiveness and promise they will never do it again, but in all reality, they will. They will always come back when they realize the grass isn’t greener on the other side. It’s up to you to choose not to have that toxic person in your life anymore.And on those nights where you wonder what is wrong with you or how you didn’t see the signs? My favorite quote that I saw said, “Sometimes, the first step towards forgiveness is realizing the other person is totally bat-s**t crazy.”
And as they say, once a cheater, always a cheater.