A few months ago, I went on a purchasing spree at my local grocery store. They were having a clearance on cranberries and almonds, I got overly excited and bought all the bags, but I don’t really eat them.
I am a secret hoarder (Ok not that bad), but I do like to keep things stocked at my house.
I had to figure something out, so I decided to mix it with quinoa. I made a few of my friends taste it and they loved it. It’s good right off the stove or cold from the fridge.
- Sliced Almonds
- Olive Oil
- Cook the Quinoa as directed.
- Turn on the stove and put the frying pan on and add some olive oil.
- Make sure the pan is hot and throw in a bunch of cranberries and sliced almonds. You can lower the heat because the almonds burn quickly.
- Add in nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, a pinch of salt and anything else that you think will add flavor and start stirring the almond and cranberry mix.
- Now add the quinoa. Give it a quick stir and add more seasoning. Keep mixing until you get the flavor you want.
- Turn off the stove and eat! Or you can put it in the fridge and have it cold as well.
The recipe is great because it’s healthy and it is different just because you have a sweet and salty combination for your taste buds! As an FYI, Costco has an amazing mixed bag for salads, if you want to do this recipe in bulk.