I am starting a new category and sharing my made-up recipes with everyone. For many of you who know me, when I cook, everything is really good, but A) I don’t follow recipes B) Cooking requires focus and that is hard for me C) Patience is not a virtue for me.
So with that being said, I’ve reinvented recipes to make it fast, easy, and healthy.
This is a spin of a California salad.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Roasted Chicken
- Sweet Corn
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cook the Quinoa as directed. I usually do 2 cups. Once it cooked and fluffy, put the pot in the fridge to cool.
- Tear up the chicken. I say tear because I’ll buy the roasted chicken from Costco, remove the skin (if you are a lover of eating the skin…Bad!), tear up the meat and put it in the fridge.
- The veggie cutting portion- Savoy be careful!
- Dice the onion
- Half the cherry tomatoes
- Chop the spinach
- Open the can of sweet corn
This is up to each person’s taste based; I like it with more lemon. If you need more dressing, go for it!
- Put 2 teaspoons of salt and pepper at the bottom
- Add ¼ cup of Olive Oil as the base
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- Squeeze 2-3 lemons
- If you put it in a clear glass, it’s so pretty because you can see all the layers. Admire it and then mix it all together.
- Find a pretty bowl; I love a clear one so you can see all the colors.
- Throw the tomatoes, cucumber, spinach, onion, corn, and chicken first. Then mix it.
- Pour the Quinoa in and start stirring to get the veggies and chicken mixed in evenly.
- Pour the dressing and toss some more and finally add in the diced avocados.
- Cover and refrigerate until the party and serve.
This weekend I had a large party, so I used whole grain macaroni along with the quinoa and it was a hit as well.
Hope you enjoy and it can become your new party dish as well!