I call Lisa my Twin. Seriously, I think we were probably the same person in a past life. We finish each other’s thoughts.
We met 3 years ago in China. I was coming from a wedding in Mexico and rolled up at 7 AM in China dragging 2 giant luggages up the ramp. The rest is history, just kidding. We explored China together and became best friends.
My twin and I are two peas in a pod. Paul, the friend that we met through said how strangely weird it was that we are so similar. We both have the exact same photo pose, but on the opposite side. I’m going to be honest luckily our good sides are opposite or else we’d fight over who can pose on what side. We both love traveling and taking pictures. It’s all about the memories.
My twin and I are probably the only people who can travel with each other. When we go, we go hard core. We become the best tourists possible visiting the city. We go from morning until night to the point where I woke up and every part of my body hurt, even my neck. We even went out to Rush and Division and ventured to 4 different bars. The only thing we missed that we are saving for the next trip is the planetarium, aquarium, and stain glass.
Seriously, who else travels across country and accidentally color coordinate on the first day; from the picture you can see the pink/black ensemble.
How to do Chicago in 3 days and on a budget:
- Do not rent a car. Take the train or cab it. Parking is a pain in the butt.
- Wear good shoes. We wore boots the whole time.
We stayed at the Essex Inn. Thank you for a great deal via Groupon. It was the perfect location to everything!
- Navy Pier.
- Tall Windy Ships ($15 from Groupon)
- Ate a Chicago Dog. It was not amazing, but it’s an experience to say the least. It’s just…different.
- Segway tours. We rented ours through Bike and Roll from Groupon ($55 for two). Make sure to do the Lake Front tour. I loved the segways! I would recommend this to anyone. At first you feel like you are going to die, but after, you feel amazing.
- The Bean or Cloud Gate
- Millennium Park
- Willis Tower. No discount here.
- Field Museum
- Magnificent Mile
My favorite was Reza’s. We had the chicken kabob and that is where I left my jacket. Maybe it will go to someone who can enjoy it, but Reza’s will always have a piece of me there.
Twin, I loved traveling with you and hope to see the Windy City again along with you.
*My favorite memory was us getting the same fortune 4 times. My twin thinks we were meant to be twins. I believe I got fortune gipped.
Thank you for being there for me. XOXO.