This recipe was a hit, affordable, quick, and extremely flavorful. I made a huge bowl there were only a few bites left at the end of the day.
Even a few of the guys wanted the recipe. Your wish is my command. Here you go!
- *This is enough to feed a party of about 10
- 1 Box of Veggie Penne (It is orange and has a whole serving of veggies in it)
- 3 Green Zucchini Squash
- 3 Yellow Squash
- 3 Cucumbers
- 2 Vines of Roman Tomatoes
- 2 Cans Pitted Black Olives
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Large Onion
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt, pepper, oregano, other Italian seasoning
- Cook the penne as directed. Then rinse with cold water and throw it in the fridge or freezer if you are short on time while you chop all the veggies.
- Use a peeler to peel the skin off all the squashes to throw away. Then use the peeler to shred the zucchini. I am sure there is a real word for it, but just keep peeling and watch out for your fingers.
- Dice the cucumbers.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Dice the onion.
- Cut the black olives in half.
- Throw all off of it in a bowl and mix with the dressing.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Pack it up for the party and serve. I did not expect it to be that big of a hit, but it certainly was!
- *This is all up to your taste.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a glass
- Add in extra virgin olive oil. I tend to add in half the amount of the lemon juice because I like the taste of lemon.
- Add in half the amount of the lemon juice worth of balsamic vinegar
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, and other Italian seasoning to taste. I added some rosemary, fennel, lemon salt, parsley, thyme, and basil.
- Mix it altogether and you have a light and refreshing dressing.