I cannot believe how quickly time has flown since we randomly met at Amir and Angie’s baby shower. I remember you came with your mom and we introduced each other. It was like love at first sight, we were dressed similarly and we found out we worked right across the street from each other and the rest is history.
After that our friendship grew, but due to insane work schedules, lunch dates were extremely difficult. Even now, we may not be able to see each other for months, but when we get together it’s like no time has passed.
I love how we do so many random things on our adventures including making up our own gym routines and being the last customers at Shamshiry.
You accept me for my obsession with walls and making skits that never turn into reality.
I joke that you are my eshgham (heart), omaram (world), fereshteye (angel), but it’s true. The best thing in the world to have a best friend who stands by your side, takes ninja pics, shares all the big moments, but comforts you in your lowest moments. That’s who you are to me.
It’s been over 5 years since we met and there is never a boring moment when we are together. It’s full of endless laughter, inside jokes, and “that did not happen” moments, which seems to be often in our life. And this is our face every time it does…
If people can only get a glimpse into our conversations…Hilarious! Like why Kabobs are Better than Men.
This is one of my favorite pictures when we shared our birthday party. Even back then, when we are together, we can’t help but burst out in giggles. I have no idea what we were laughing about, but it doesn’t matter. I am so glad someone captured this moment.
I love that you invite me to Persian events, even when I’m not Persian.
Like the World Cup…
Here are 10 things that I love about you:
- You want nothing but the best for everyone. It’s so hard to find people who truly have good intentions.
- You love your family and friends more than anything. If I called you at any hour or anyone with an emergency, you would get there.
- You are very generous in so many ways, which makes it so hard to go to dinners with you and not end up fighting who pays for the bill.
- Black is your color and pretty much that’s your entire closet.
- Very few people can understand me when I try to speak Farsi, but you are one of them.
- You have a very high work ethic. You take on any challenge and with each obstacle at work, I think it makes you stronger.
- Diamonds and antiques are your jam haha.
- Being smart is one thing, but being genius is another. You are extremely educated and you still contemplate furthering your education after two Masters degrees under your belt, though you already talk in derivatives.
- The one thing I admire you the most for is your strength. You haven’t always had the easiest life, but you have always handled every obstacle with grace. You had to grow up quickly in many senses. You went to school, worked not one, but two jobs, helped out with your dad, managed a lot of other family responsibilities, and you still make time for friends. Most people in their 20’s are trying to still find themselves.
- But more importantly, you are beautiful inside and out.
Thank you for always being there for me. For making me laugh so much. I love when we go off tangent and joke about getting “ehstarbucks” or going to “gasestation.”
And as we keep becoming better versions of ourselves, I cannot wait to walk through each chapter with you.
Doosseettt Duram Azizam!!!