Cindy, Lisa, all of them remember the days when I was single and having so many relationship issues juggling people. Poor Cindy would have to deal with all the men I would meet at all the MBA conferences. As she says, if only I had a little bit of your charisma.
Last night was my first big night out as a single girl on the town! Um…it was definitely an adventure.
First off, I got off work to head to a happy hour after work. My bestie Des was running later and would not be at DuPont until 7. I was walking across the street and unfortunately not looking. I have been so well trained with Soheil always watching out for me, that I started walking without really looking. I mean, S truly always made sure I was safe. All of a sudden an arm comes across me and says hold it. I thanked him and we started talking. I told him he basically saved my life. He invited me over to Front Page, which is where I was until it was time to go to HH at Current. It ends up he works for another agency at DOJ.
I met so many people at Current, but here are the top moments:
- The best looking guy in the room…Gay. My friend bumped me into him because we thought there was a chance…well there is no chance when WOMEN are not their cup of tea.
- I was sitting texting a friend and a man came over and started speaking to me. He is a high end escort. I thanked him and ran over to my friend Vishnu and said why he did not protect me? I know, I did not even now these guys existed.
- Two Asian guys argued that I was either white, Bolivian, or mixed because I have such big eyes.
- Another guy approached me, but was too nervous to talk.
- Finally, everyone is silent and shocked when I tell them I’m from Utah. Most say, you’re the first Utahn I’ve met.
Best pick-up lines from last night:
- I lost my number, can I have yours?
- You don’t have to text me anymore, I’m right here
- I just saved your life, so you owe me. Let me take you out.
Unfortunately this is only the beginning of the ridiculousness.