Back in the day, one of my really good guy friends (Julio) made fun of me because I date the SAME exact type of guy. He self-assigned himself my social life and dating coach because he was a “social scientist.”
At the time, I joked and said, absolutely not, I am diverse, nope…history always repeats itself in my case.
One day back when I was 22, Julio wrote up an entire dating list and I found it the other day and we had a good laugh because nothing has changed. The only new thing is my obsession with whale sharks, but other than that I have not changed since this list was created.
With that said, all my girlfriends and I bet that the “right” guy is going to be completely opposite of anything on this list.
- Usually some type of engineer, but mainly electrical engineers.
- Drives a BMW. For some reason, always it’s always a BMW. I’ve dated a few with Mercedes or Audi, but always some type of luxury car, which is funny because I am happy with my CRV.
- Extremely nerdy. I once asked one of them how much they loved me, the answer was 1/0. Sure, not like the sun and the moon, or as endless as the ocean…1/0.
- More introverted. I think this is because I’m such a people person, so my partner balances me by being less extroverted.
My dating questionnaire:
- How much do you love froyo? Is pistaschio your fav?
- Do you love to visit college campuses because I do!
- Do you like Ferris Wheels? I love them!
- Do you love Starbucks? If so, what is your usual order?
- Do you know who Hello Kitty is?
- Do you love Pandas? It’s a must, they are so cute, who doesn’t love pandas?
- Would you swim with the whale sharks?
- Do you have a YOLO list?
- Do you love adventures? I’ve asked a few this and they ask what type? I think they are looking for another answer…because when I tell them hiking, kayaking, river rafting…they get a sad look.
- Do you know your Meyer’s Briggs?
Isn’t it sad that froyo and Hello Kitty are on that list? But if you know me, it should not shock you.